At the Mackenzie Dental Centre, Dr. Lloyd Pedvis and his team offer a wide range of professional services, from cosmetic dentistry, to restorative procedures, to oral surgery. Every treatment is personalized in order to meet the special needs of the patient.
Dental Technology at Mackenzie Dental Centre
Dr. Pedvis provides a distinctive brand of modern dentistry, using state-of-the-art tools, and employing the latest advances in dental technology. Patients, young and old, are in capable hands with the Mackenzie team.
- Amalgam-free fillings are 100% mercury free, and the ideal answer for discriminating patients. Mercury fillings can be safely removed and replaced with 100% mercury free composites.
- ZOOM! teeth whitening provides excellent whitening results in as little as a single session. These procedures are performed in-office, and can make the teeth appear up to eight shades whiter.
- Invisalign® clear braces are designed to straighten teeth with “aligners” that are practically invisible. Worn over the teeth, the “aligners” gradually shift the teeth, without metal brackets.
- Dental veneers are used to restore teeth that are damaged or decayed. Made from porcelain or composite material, they fit over a tooth and dramatically improve the overall aesthetic look.
- Dental crowns are restorative procedures – they are intended to repair a natural tooth. A crown will cover a tooth and will restore the look and shape, while enhancing the structural strength.
- Dental implants replace a natural tooth with a custom “replacement” tooth. This is a surgical procedure, with excellent results, allowing the tooth to feel as comfortable as a natural tooth.
- Gingival contouring (gum contouring) is for patients with uneven gum lines. Basically, patients have their gums “sculpted” – it’s a rather quick procedure, and painless for most patients.
- Dental bridges comprise a device that fills the space where there is a missing a tooth (or teeth). Bridges are custom-designed and custom-fit, usually incorporating an artificial tooth.
- Tissue and bone grafts are often associated with dental implants. The clinic offers professional advice on treatment options; proper timing for the procedure; and recovery protocols.
- Moderate sedation benefits patients who are nervous at the dentist’s office. The sedation allows patients to feel more relaxed, while conscious and awake, but without feeling any pain.
- Emergency dental services are offered when unexpected situations arise. The clinic is equipped to treat a wide variety of emergencies, and every effort is made to ensure immediate attention.
- The Mackenzie Dental Centre is very much at the forefront of modern dentistry, employing the latest in dental technologies, and trying to ensure the maximum in patient comfort.
- The Wand Anesthesia System is less a stressful option than conventional syringes. There is far less numbness, and patients can return to their routine without any of the usual discomforts.
- Periowave™ is a non-invasive procedure that reduces the negative effects of gum disease. As an adjunct to periodontal care, bacteria are effectively neutralized (the cause of gum disease).
- Velscope is one of the leading technologies for screening oral cancers. Velscope will identify skin tissue that might potentially be cancerous or pre-cancerous, allowing for early treatment.
- Digital X-Rays are quicker and sharper than traditional X-Rays. Using computer technology, they emit less radiation for the patient, and deliver X-Ray images that are available immediately.
- SIRONA SIROLaser is used in various applications: root canals; herpetic lesions; oral surgery; even periodontal treatments. The lasers allows for precision, less swelling, and faster healing.
- DIAGNOdent helps to detect cavities – it can identify smallish, emerging cavities not otherwise visible. This allows for more accurate and precise diagnosis during a dental examination.